|Location:||City of Oxnard
Office of the City Attorney
300 West Third Street, Third Floor
Oxnard, CA 93030
Interim City Attorney
|Hours:||Monday to Thursday:
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The mission of the Office of the City Attorney is to provide economical, high quality, responsive, preventative legal services by involving attorneys early in project development, increasing accessibility of attorneys to departments and divisions, and informing department directors and division managers on how to use attorneys effectively to accomplish goals and objectives. Further, the mission is to protect the City’s assets by minimizing its exposure to liability, fairly and economically resolving disputes and effectively supervising special counsel to minimize legal fees and costs.
The Office of the City Attorney provides effective legal representation to the City Council, City boards, commissions and committees and departments and divisions in general municipal, public liability and workers’ compensation claims and litigation, and administrative matters.
Contributions to Quality of Life
The Office of the City Attorney contributes to an outstanding quality of life in Oxnard by advising the Code Compliance Unit, prosecuting City Code violations, preparing various agreements, ordinances and resolutions, ensuring compliance with zoning requirements, protecting the public treasury, and providing quality legal advice to City officials.
- Advise City Council on legal issues related to policy matters
- Provide quality legal advice to the City Council, boards, commissions, committees, departments and divisions.
- Conduct legal research, draft legal opinions, review agenda reports, review and draft agreements, ordinances, resolutions, regulations and administrative policies.
- Assist Code Compliance Unit in the prosecution of City Code violations.
- Manage and defend public liability claims and cases, workers’ compensation claims and cases, and administrative matters.
- Fairly resolve disputes with third parties.
Law Office Manager, Office of the City Attorney